UN DESA hosted the online event "Good Practices on SDG Implementation - Inspiring Examples to Drive Change" on 2 December, 2020, from 9AM to 10AM (EST). The webinar provided an opportunity to hear about exemplary SDG Good Practices, including their main achievements and how identified solutions could be scaled up to support the Decade of Action, including in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
The webinar featured the launch of a publication on SDG Good Practices, Success Stories and Lessons that builds on the results of the first open call conducted by DESA in 2018-2019. It also provided an opportunity to launch the 2nd Open Call for SDG Good Practices, Success Stories and Lessons Learned initiative.
Read the NEW publication "SDG Good Practices-A compilation of success stories and lessons learned in SDG implementation (First Edition)" here: https://sdgs.un.org/publications/sdg-good-practices-2020
Learn more about SDG Good Practices and submit your application to the 2nd Open Call here: https://sdgs.un.org/sdg-good-practices
- Links to the featured SDG Good Practices on the SDG Partnership Platform:
- MAGNET Global Simulation for SDGs: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/partnership/?p=29828
- FIT for School Programme: http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/partnership/?p=30972
- Enhancing Civil Society Engagement in VNRs (Sightsavers): http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/partnership/?p=30702
- UNDP's Enhance Rural Resilience in Yemen (ERRY): http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/partnership/?p=29998
- Suzano's Restoration Program: http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/partnership/?p=30660
- Global Vision Urban Action (NYC) http://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/partnership/?p=30984