Strengthen management of impacts of climate change on water resources, water supply, water quality and sanitation to absorb climate risks and vulnerabilities; to inform early warning systems; and to contribute to disaster risk reduction.
1. Strengthen the capacity to develop bankable climate resilience water projects as well as build the capacity for risk assessment including early warning systems
2. Develop Bankable Management Models with Climate resilient water resource plans to mitigate and absorb Climate effects by establishing 4 Climate effects emergency response units by June 2026.
3. Establish flood and drought early warning and forecasting systems by year 2026 to increase disaster preparedness and to contribute to disaster risk reduction.
integrated management of water and climate
1. Governments: UK, Germany, India, USA, South Korea, Netherlands, Spain, Egypt, France, Quwait, Belgium, Morocco, Italy, Saudi Arabia.
2. Development Partners: World Bank-WB, AfDB, KfW, EIB, BADEA, OPEC Fund for International Development-OFID, Kuwait Fund, SFD, Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO); Intenational Monetary Fund – IMF, GIZ, AFD, Global Environment Facility (GEF), Green Climate Fund (GCF), WHO, UNICEF, BTC, UNDP, USAID etc.
3. Religious: Catholic Agency for Overseas Aid and Development (CARITAS), Adventist Development Relief Agency (ADRA), Norwegian Church Aid, Livingwater International, World Islamic League, Ahmadiya Muslim Jamaat Tanzania, Islamic Foundation, Baraza Kuu la Waislam Tanzania (BAKWATA), Kanisa la Kiinjili la Kilutheri Tanzania (KKKT), Kanisa Katoliki Tanzania na Kanisa la Kianglikana Tanzania etc.
4. Organizations: Association of Tanzanian Water Suppliers (ATAWAS), OIKOS, WaterAid, Tanzania Water and Sanitation Network (TAWASANET), Wahamasishaji wa Maji, Maendeleo na Afya (WAMMA), World Vision; Worldwide Fund for Nature (WWF), Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM), Netherlands Volunteers Services (SNV), Plan International, Concern Worldwide, Water Mission (T), IUCN etc
5. Transboundary Organizations: AU, AMCOW, WATER CONVENTION, NBI, ZAMCOM, SADC WATER, LVBC, LTA
SDGS & Targets
Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
By 2030, achieve universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water for all
Proportion of population using safely managed drinking water services
By 2030, achieve access to adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all and end open defecation, paying special attention to the needs of women and girls and those in vulnerable situations
Proportion of population using (a) safely managed sanitation services and (b) a hand-washing facility with soap and water
By 2030, improve water quality by reducing pollution, eliminating dumping and minimizing release of hazardous chemicals and materials, halving the proportion of untreated wastewater and substantially increasing recycling and safe reuse globally
Proportion of domestic and industrial wastewater flows safely treated
Proportion of bodies of water with good ambient water quality
Change in water-use efficiency over time
Level of water stress: freshwater withdrawal as a proportion of available freshwater resources
By 2030, implement integrated water resources management at all levels, including through transboundary cooperation as appropriate
Degree of integrated water resources management
Proportion of transboundary basin area with an operational arrangement for water cooperation
Change in the extent of water-related ecosystems over time
Amount of water- and sanitation-related official development assistance that is part of a government-coordinated spending plan
Support and strengthen the participation of local communities in improving water and sanitation management
Proportion of local administrative units with established and operational policies and procedures for participation of local communities in water and sanitation management
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
Strengthen resilience and adaptive capacity to climate-related hazards and natural disasters in all countries
Number of deaths, missing persons and directly affected persons attributed to disasters per 100,000 population
Number of countries that adopt and implement national disaster risk reduction strategies in line with the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015–2030
Proportion of local governments that adopt and implement local disaster risk reduction strategies in line with national disaster risk reduction strategies
Integrate climate change measures into national policies, strategies and planning
Number of countries with nationally determined contributions, long-term strategies, national adaptation plans and adaptation communications, as reported to the secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
Total greenhouse gas emissions per year
Improve education, awareness-raising and human and institutional capacity on climate change mitigation, adaptation, impact reduction and early warning
Extent to which (i) global citizenship education and (ii) education for sustainable development are mainstreamed in (a) national education policies; (b) curricula; (c) teacher education; and (d) student assessment
Implement the commitment undertaken by developed-country parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change to a goal of mobilizing jointly $100 billion annually by 2020 from all sources to address the needs of developing countries in the context of meaningful mitigation actions and transparency on implementation and fully operationalize the Green Climate Fund through its capitalization as soon as possible
Amounts provided and mobilized in United States dollars per year in relation to the continued existing collective mobilization goal of the $100 billion commitment through to 2025
Promote mechanisms for raising capacity for effective climate change-related planning and management in least developed countries and small island developing States, including focusing on women, youth and local and marginalized communities
Number of least developed countries and small island developing States with nationally determined contributions, long-term strategies, national adaptation plans and adaptation communications, as reported to the secretariat of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
SDG 14 targets covered
Deliverables & Timeline
There are currently no comments. Please log in to comment.