Webinar 2 introduced some of the tools and methods that can help decision-makers identify climate & SDG synergies with the most potential in their locality or country. Speakers offered lessons learned for local and national planning and introduce decision-making tools that can help planners navigate trade-offs and prioritize opportunities to realize climate & SDG co-benefits.
- What policy areas hold the most promise to maximize SDG and climate synergies?
- What tools can help stakeholders understand how social, environmental, and economic policies and/or targets will interact in practice?
- What methods are used to identify the actions & collaborations most likely to advance multiple targets?
- How can stakeholders minimize or avoid trade-offs between objectives?
- How does integrated SDG and climate planning work in practice?
Watch Webinar 2 Recording
Opening by Moderator Dhesigen Naidoo, PhD., CEO, Water Research Commission, South Africa
- Illustrating potential policy areas for climate/SDG co-benefits and the relevance of supporting tools and methods
Tools and methods that help decision-makers identify and act on climate/SDGs synergies:
- Mr. Jason Veysey, Senior Scientist, SEI - U.S. Centre - LEAP Model (SEI Integrated Climate and Development Planning Initiative) Presentation
- Mr. Piotr Magnuszewski, Ph.D, Research Scholar, Centre for Systems Solutions/ IIASA - Nexus/SDGs Synergies Game Presentation
- Ms. Sofia Gonzales-Zuñiga, Lead Author, SCAN-tool Methodology, New Climate Institute Presentation
Lessons and practices from national NDC processes and planning with climate/SDGs synergies:
Ph.D, Research Scholar, Centre for Systems Solutions/ IIASA - Nexus/SDGs Synergies Game
Technician, National Council for Climate Change and CDM - Dominican Republic NDC process