Webinar 1 provided participants with evidence they can use to advocate for climate & SDG synergies in their local context. Speakers illustrated and introduced evidence demonstrating the potential to tie climate action to higher levels of job growth and poverty reduction; human health; financing; food security; and resilience.
- How can SDG & Climate synergies be applied to generate jobs and sustain livelihoods? How are these benefits directed to the most vulnerable and poorest?
- What financial gains or benefits can be realized by applying SDGs & Climate synergies?
- What links human health to climate action and other SDGs? What examples best illustrate?
- With increased food insecurity, how do we make the case for climate & SDGs synergies in agriculture and related sectors?
Watch Webinar 1 Recording:
Opening by Moderator Paul T. Yillia, Director of Operations, The Energy Nexus Network (TENN)
Illustrating the Potential of Climate & SDG Co-Benefits
Jobs, Poverty Reduction and Finance:
- Leonardo Garrido, Lead Economist, New Climate Economy
- Mandy Rambharos, Head of Just Energy Transition, Eskom
Human Health, Food Security and Resilience:
- Huda Jaffer, Director, SELCO-Foundation
- Diarmid Campbell-Lendrum, Coordinator climate change and health program, World Health Organization
- Deissy Martinez Baron, Regional Program Leader for Latin America of the CGIAR Research Program on Climate
Change, Agriculture and Food Security