Webinar 1: Making the Case for Integrated Climate and SDGs ActionTue 15 Dec 2020, 9.00 am
Webinar (Virtual Learning Series)
Webinar 1 provided participants with evidence they can use to advocate for climate & SDG synergies in their local context. Speakers illustrated and introduced evidence demonstrating the potential to tie climate action to higher levels of job growth and poverty reduction; human health; financing; food security; and resilience.
- How can SDG & Climate synergies be applied to generate jobs and sustain livelihoods? How are these benefits directed to the most vulnerable and poorest?
- What financial gains or benefits can be realized by applying SDGs & Climate synergies?
- What links human health to climate action and other SDGs? What examples best illustrate?
- With increased food insecurity, how do we make the case for climate & SDGs synergies in agriculture and related sectors?
Watch Webinar 1 Recording:
Opening by Moderator Paul T. Yillia, Director of Operations, The Energy Nexus Network (TENN)
Illustrating the Potential of Climate & SDG Co-Benefits
Jobs, Poverty Reduction and Finance:
- Leonardo Garrido, Lead Economist, New Climate Economy
- Mandy Rambharos, Head of Just Energy Transition, Eskom
Human Health, Food Security and Resilience:
- Huda Jaffer, Director, SELCO-Foundation
- Diarmid Campbell-Lendrum, Coordinator climate change and health program, World Health Organization (WHO)
- Deissy Martinez Baron, Regional Program Leader for Latin America of the CGIAR Research Program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security
Coordinator climate change and health program, World Health Organization (WHO)